Talent 6 Is a Rip Off

Austin, Texas 1 comment

I didn't sign up for Talent 6. My aspiring daughter did with her credit card we gave her for her college expenses. Can't get them to stop charging us the $34.90 each month. My daughter called and cancelled twice with them, but never bothered to remind her parents. Checked the 2009 year end summary statement and they billed us every month.

So, lesson #1. Don't give your kid a credit card for college.

Lesson #2. Watch your credit card bill each month and scrutinize it for a rip off company by the name of Talent 6

Comments

I posted a Craigslist ad looking for a singer. Talent6 found the listing and put it on their website and proceeded to charge people to see it.

I imagine folks were probably quite disappointed when they paid the fee and then logged in, only to see a call for a singer for 3 songs for a hundred bucks in a Masonic Hall in a small town in Maine. Don't pay for something you can already get for free by doing a simple internet search.

Talent 6 - Talent6 falsely advertizes jobs, it's a rip off!

Miami, Florida 10 comments

Talent 6 is a company that is advertising that they need movie extras and when you sign up they charge your $45.00 and then sign you up for a monthly fee of $34.90 so that you can be contacted by producers and companies needing extra's or performers but it's all a scam no one ever contacts you. All they keep taking is your money.

They actually work out of a garage according to one of the workers who didn't want to give her name!

They are scammers ripping people off who are desperately seeking work!

Comments

Talent 6 rip me off never got a casting call

Actually, when I phoned to inquire regarding their services, I was warned ahead that I would be recorded. The woman DID sound as if she was reading a script yet gave me incorrect information.

Once on my Talent6 site, I read that I would be charged monthly.

When I phoned regarding NOT being told this, a supervisor did listen to the recorded call and then offered me a free membership. My 1st and only job was a student non-paying film.

My 90 days isn't even up and they just charged me 60 bucks!!! I'm not paying for something that isn't doing what it's supposed to...this is a rip off and I want my money back.....

I did not sign up for their service, but when I called my bank to dispute the charges, the bank called Talent 6 they claimed they had "my" voice recorded. I received the first email from the company saying they were refunding my money - they had a paragraph at the bottom stating they had my profile etc.

The next email the sent stated they did not have me in their system - total scam. Also, CA has laws governing talent agencies, including talent agencies not being able to charge for certain services - Also, the Better Business Bureau has given them a grade of "F" -

KristinaG is BS!!!! Talent6 is absolutely a scam.

The so called real people read off scripts and refuse to deviate from that. They tell you that their supervisors aren't in or have already left. They make you call back again and again to cancel your membership. Most of the so called "casting calls" listed in my area are from photographers who are not offering money but pix for your book and most are for various states of undress.

Be warned. Don't use this company

Wow, the same thing happened to me, Talent 6, is not a service I recommend for actors. I signed up with Central Casting and love it!

They find me real work! I also love Booked Talent.

Talent 6 is a scam and just interested in taking aspiring actors' money. ACTORS BEWARE!

Talent 6 rips off casting notices for smaller businesses that don't need to pay a fee to use services like yours. They can clearly get quality talent without your help. Clearly, you have no talent in writing your own notices, and flag posts on Craigslist and other sites.

I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that any of you may have experienced.

We are not hiding anything. Members of Talent6 have the ability to cancel online and send questions through the site directly to Customer Support. If a client prefers to speak to the Customer Support Department by phone, our toll free phone number is provided during the initial sale and on the website. By calling 1-800-710-4210, you will be directly routed through to a real person who can answer questions, provide refunds and help you with any problems you may have. There are no phone prompts or mazes to go through and wait time typically does not exceed three to five minutes.

Talent6 is constantly working to improve our Customer Support Department, Sales Department and our website as a whole. We post thousands of new casting calls every week for people working to break into the entertainment industry. Talent6 has also signed up hundreds of Casting Directors and Photographers who contact our members every day with upcoming opportunities. We are consistently growing and expanding, but it's not because we're a scam, it's because Talent6 works.

This is my attempt to rectify any unresolved issues. We provide a service that has been proven successful by many of our members. These members have continually worked hard and are proactive in their acting careers. The 90 day guarantee is steadfast and holds true to this day. Anyone may visit us at our website and turn your attention to the links "About Us", and "Terms and Conditions". Any other concerns I will try to address as soon an I possibly can. Thank you for your time, KristinaG

View more comments